Terlago Castle is located on a hill at the edge of the village of Terlago, against the impressive backdrop of the Paganella massif.
The medieval castle of Terlago was once built as a defensive fortress and guard post. A little later, in the 14th century, this function was lost when it was converted into a manorial residence. The two towers, dating back to the 12th century, form the oldest part: they controlled the trade routes of the area.
In 1703 Castel Terlago was destroyed by the French troops under General Vendôme and then rebuilt as a palace with a beautiful Italian garden, as a geometrically designed garden is called.
Terlago Castle is privately owned and unfortunately cannot be visited.